Saturday, April 17, 2010

Is online education that bad?

I have been an online student with DeVry University for about two years now, and overall the experience has been great. But lately I've been thinking about changing my program of study, and as I started looking at other universities, I decided to research them, and I found the most terrible things about them!!! But even though I know that a traditional university or community college is a lot better, I simply don't have that option because I have a young child that I have to care for. So online education is my only choice.


So since I've ruled out University of Phoenix, I just wanted to know what you all think about other online schools like Kaplan University, AIU and other online universities?

Is online education that bad?
Have you looked around to see if there are any traditional universities offering an online degree in your subject? That's your best bet. You'll get a degree of unquestioned reputation that way. Additionally, you might find that you can do your course at a public university, which could even end up saving you money in addition to getting a better education and a more respected degree.
Reply:DeVry is accredited, but your local state university may also offer online programs. Consider finding a traditional school that also offers online programs. You will then have a competitive degree that is the same as that of a traditional student. Instead of a for-profit, consider University of Pennsylvania, SUNY, CUNY or another brick and mortar school with an online option.

dental surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment