Saturday, April 17, 2010

Questions about degrees online in health care etc.?

If you get a degree in Health Care Administration online could you eventually become a doctor from that degree? I would like to eventually become a Doctor but I dont see anytime for a regular college right now so want to do online. What degree program can I do online that will eventually lead me to being a doctor. I don't want to be wasting my time now doing nothing so I figured an online degree would be good. I know if I get a degree in science I should be ok but I can't find an online university that offers that. I know thats alot but any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Questions about degrees online in health care etc.?
You "might" be able to complete an online degree and eventually attend medical school, but it will challenging.





1) Medical schools require students to take several science courses with labs during their undergraduate years


2) Medical school admissions are already tough enough, earning an online degree "might" put you at a certain disadvantage


3) Some medical schools may limit the number of distance education / correspondence / online courses that may be taken.





Online Degree





That said, if you still want to try, do not worry about studying health care administration, unless you just like that field. Medical schools admit students from a broad range of backgrounds... ranging from history to art and everywhere in between.





Extracurriculars





Admissions' committees like to see well-rounded students who participate in college life. That's hard to do online. If you still go that route, get involved with the community or at your church, etc.





Sciences / Labs





You will have to take your sciences/labs at a local college. There's no way of getting around that.





My opinion (for what it's worth)





Personally, I wouldn't go the online route if your plans are to become a medical doctor. If you were actually referring to a PhD, then by all means, enroll in the online bachelor program of your choice. Medical School is just so competitive and you might be putting yourself at a disadvantage by studying online.





Online Colleges





If you want to check out some different online colleges, I have several hundred listed on my blog:


http://www.online-college-blog.com
Reply:An online degree would be a great way to get started. Just make sure you find an accredited college, since then all or most of your credits should transfer when you pursue a higher degree. Here is a link to site that has lots of information that I have found helpful in the past. Good luck to you.





http://www.distance-learning-college-gui...

tooth fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment