Thursday, November 19, 2009

Im thinking about doing online school,Is online schools/colleges real?

I was thinking about trying to do college online but I wanted to know if you really get a degree or not for online school.my friend said I shouldnt do it because he thinks its a scam.would I have to sign up to a online school thats in the same state as me?If I do pass and get a degree,how would I get it?Will they mail it to me or something?how expensive is online?can somebody please let me know and I also wanna know has anybody did online school and succeeded and got they degree?

Im thinking about doing online school,Is online schools/colleges real?
i took a course .. got a degree it is recognized i did a bunch or research in to it.. i also called around to places of employment to check and see if it was as well.. Devry institute of technology recognized the degree as well fas this school.. just do your research on it and make sure you check better business bureau before you decide on one.. call around and search the web.








and it was cheaper then taking it at a collage..
Reply:First, the standards for online Universities (i.e. University of Pheonix) are the same as those at traditional Universities. While some schools are "Scams" many others are actually accredited institutions of higher learning. Unfortunately the cost of online programs tends to be significantly higher than if you were to go to a college in person. Grading also tends to be a little bit tougher since the professor never actually meets you as he/she would under normal conditions. I will use my university as an example. Each class that I took in the classroom was $440. I took two classes online and each of those classes cost me $1060. These costs did not include books or lab fees.





I would highly recommend that you start at a community college if you are nearing college age. Don't take this negatively but there are marked weaknesses in your grammer skills. You will want to strengthen your weak areas before jumping into a full fledged university environment.





Best of luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment